This Privacy Notice applies to personal information we obtain from individuals through our websites, products, services, and web-based applications (collectively, the “Services”).
When you access or use our Services, you acknowledge that you have read this Notice and understand its contents. Your use of our Services and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms of Service (including any applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes).
Why Do We Collect Information and Data?
We rely on a wide variety of information to run our business. In some instances, this information may include data that could be used to identify a particular individual, otherwise referred to as Personal Information. In this Notice, we will provide multiple examples of how Personal Information we collect may be used and why it is important. For example, when a customer purchases one of our products we must collect their name, email address, and payment information to complete the transaction. Some of the reasons that we collect Personal Information include to:
- Provide our products and services, and improve them over time;
- Allow you to purchase products and services;
- Personalize and manage our relationship with you, including introducing you to products or services that may be of interest to you or to provide customer support;
- Investigate, respond to, and manage inquiries or events;
- Work with and respond to law enforcement and regulators; and
- Research matters relating to our business such as security threats and vulnerabilities.
What Kinds of Personal Information Do We Collect?
The following are examples of the type of Personal Information that may be collected. The specific kind of information collected will depend on the Services used:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number);
- Payment information (including payment card numbers, billing address, and/or bank account information);
- Purchases and product/service use history;
- Account log-in credentials;
- Customize, measure, and improve our websites, products, services, and advertising;
- Prevent, detect, identify, investigate, respond, and protect against potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behavior, and criminal activity;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, agreements, and policies; and
- Perform other activities consistent with this Notice.
Processing as Part of the Services. We also process certain information as an integral part of our Services. If you install or use one of our products or services, software will operate in the background of your computer system, network or device environment to perform specific security and privacy tasks including:
- Breach detection;
- Back-up and recovery activities.
When Do We Share Personal Information?
We may share Personal Information in the following ways:
- Authorized service providers who perform services for us (including cloud services, data storage, sales, marketing, investigations, payment processing, customer support, and bill collection). Our contracts with our service providers include commitments that they agree to limit their use of Personal Information and to comply with privacy and security standards at least as stringent as the terms of this Privacy Notice. Remember that if you provide Personal Information directly to a third party, such as through a link on our website, the processing is typically based on their standards (which may not be the same as ours);
- If we believe disclosure is necessary and appropriate to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss, including to protect against fraud or credit risk.
- To legal, governmental, or judicial authorities, as instructed or required by those authorities or applicable laws, or in relation to a legal activity, such as in response to a subpoena or investigating suspected illicit activity (including identifying those who use our services for illegal activities). We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies activities that we in good faith believe to be illegal.
- In order to provide marketing and advertising content about our products, or other products which may interest you, we may share your Usage Data, as well as anonymized information with third-party ad networks, social media partners, and similar providers. A more detailed discussion of our relationship with third-party advertisers is set forth below under the heading “Third-Party Advertising”.
- If we want to share Personal Information other than as permitted or described above, we will provide you with a choice to opt in to such sharing and you may choose to instruct us not to share the information.
What Security Measures Do We Have?
We use administrative, organizational, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the Personal Information we collect and process. Our security controls are designed to maintain an appropriate level of data confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
Cysurance handles payment card data in a manner consistent with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). For example, when you make a payment on our website using your credit card, we use SSL encryption for transmission of the credit card number.
- The Cysurance computers (called “servers”) process and store information every day. These computer records include “log files”, network traffic data, events and attack indicators. This data is used for analysis, research, auditing, and other purposes, as part of product operations and rendering Cysurance services.
- Appropriate technical and physical safeguard measures are in place to protect against unauthorized or unlawful access, misuse, accidental loss, destruction and alternation of any Personal Information which are shared with us in the course of using our services.
What Choices Do You Have About Your Personal Information?
We offer certain choices about how we communicate with our users and what Personal Information we obtain about them. Our products allow users to make choices about the Personal Information collected.
- You may choose not to receive marketing communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link or other instructions in our marketing emails, visiting the My Account section on our website, or contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Some Cysurance products contain settings that allow users or administrators to control how the products collect information. Please refer to the relevant product manual or contact us through the appropriate technical support channel for assistance.
- To remove your Personal Information from a Cysurance website testimonial, please contact us.
If you chose to no longer receive marketing information, we may still communicate with you regarding such things as security updates, product functionality, responses to service requests, or other transactional, non-marketing/administrative related purposes.
How you can access and correct inaccuracies
If you buy our products, you can access and correct the Personal Information in your profile by visiting our site. Alternatively, you may request access or changes to, or removal of, your Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws by contacting us as indicated below.
The time periods for which we retain your Personal Information depend on the purposes for which we use it. Cysurance will keep your Personal Information for as long as you are a registered subscriber, customer or user of our products or for as long as we have another business purpose to do so and, thereafter, for no longer than is required or permitted by law, or Cysurance’s Records Retention Policy, reasonably necessary for internal reporting and reconciliation purposes, or to provide you with feedback or information you might request. The information we collect may be stored and processed in servers in the United States and wherever Cysurance and our service providers have facilities around the globe.
Some of Cysurance Services provide security features that may monitor children’s activity online, physical location, or when they are using a registered device. Cysurance does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without first obtaining parental consent in accordance with applicable laws like the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of the United States and similar laws around the world. None of our products are intended for use by children under the age of 13. If you believe we have collected information from your child in error or have questions or concerns about our practices relating to children, please notify us using the Contact Us details below and we will promptly respond.
Cysurance is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations, entities, and service providers in the United States and throughout the world. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
- Cysurance is committed to complying with the requirements of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. See https://www.privacyshield.gov for further information.
- Cysurance adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity and purpose limitation, access and recourse, enforcement and liability with respect to all personal information transferred from the EU or Switzerland to the US within the scope of its Privacy Shield certification.
Certain personal information may be subject to more specific privacy policies of Cysurance, which are also consistent with the requirements of the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
Unless we tell you differently, companies who work on behalf of Cysurance do not have any right to use the Personal Information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us. Cysurance ensures that those companies are contractually bound to confidentiality and use the data received on behalf of Cysurance in line with this Policy and guarantee an adequate level of data protection.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with Cysurance. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit those websites. We are not responsible for the content, privacy practices, or use of any websites that are not affiliated with Cysurance.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, or would like to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by one of the following additional methods:
In the United States by calling us at [+1 917.503.8031]